- Federal law requires that you only arrange a transfer for yourself. You may NOT arrange a transfer for someone else. If someone else is having a firearm transferred, they must contact us to initiate the transfer. The dealer sending the firearm may NOT arrange the transfer.
- You MUST notify us prior to transferring a firearm to our location. All firearms transferred without prior notification will be subject to a $25 penalty in addition to the normal transfer fee.
- The seven-day waiting period, required by Rhode Island law, does not begin until noon the following day the background paperwork is filled out.
- Rhode Island sales tax must be paid on each transfer unless it was paid at the time of purchase.
- We only provide our transfer services to legal Rhode Island residents and active duty military personnel that are PCS to a base or station in Rhode Island.
- We offer transfer services for Title I firearms only.
- We reserve the right to refuse acceptance of any transfer firearm, in accordance with any Federal, State, and Local laws.
- We do not inspect or test fire any firearms that are being transferred. Therefore, we reserve the right to refuse the return of firearms that were misrepresented by the seller.
- All firearms must go through an administrative process before they are available for pick-up. You will be contacted when your firearm is ready for pickup.
- We will not hesitate to refuse a transfer or report any suspected criminal activity to the proper law enforcement agencies.
- When you are notified that your transfer firearm is available for pick-up, you will need to bring your Rhode Island driver’s license (or a Rhode Island DMV issued identification card) that displays your current residence address. Thirty days must have elapsed since the issuance of an “original” or “duplicate” driver’s license.
- If active duty military permanently stationed in Rhode Island, you must bring your home state driver’s license, military ID, and proof that Rhode Island is the permanent duty station via current military assignment orders.
Please call 401-397-GUNS or complete the contact form below if you have any questions regarding FFL Transfers.